We are looking to the future. Globally significant innovations are happening in the county which provide new and exclusive opportunities for businesses.
- Surrey is a £39 billion economy – larger than Birmingham, Liverpool or Leeds. We have some of the highest employment rates in the country, a highly skilled workforce and a burgeoning business base.
- Surrey is a major international gateway for people and businesses; next to London and the UK’s two largest global airports – London Gatwick and London Heathrow.
- Location of choice for some of the UK’s largest corporations - including BP, McLaren, Novartis, Proctor & Gamble, Siemens and Samsung - but also home to over 60,000 SMEs.
Surrey's strengths in research and development, innovation and connectivity all contribute to Surrey being the smart choice. Surrey is home to a range of niche sectors and knowledge-driven industries that are going from strength to strength, including:
- 5G and communications technology
- Advanced automotive
- Agri-tech (including food and drink)
- Creative media technologies (including gaming)
- Oil and gas
- Medical veterinary
- Cyber security
- Space and satellite technology.
Surrey is the only county to border London and the UK’s two largest airports – London Gatwick and London Heathrow.
Surrey offers access to major arterial roads, including the M25, M3, M23, A3 and A25. The county is well connected by road and rail to Central London and the key ports of Portsmouth and Southampton on the south coast.
Surrey has a long-standing heritage of innovation and research, led by its four universities. Our businesses are doing things that have not been done elsewhere, creating new and exclusive opportunities across industries.
Surrey’s position at the forefront of leading-edge technologies means the county is prepared for emerging opportunities in: 5G, agri-tech, creative industries, and electric and autonomous vehicles, amongst others.
These new opportunities rest on a proven track record of enterprise and innovation, supported by significant public and private sector investment in R&D.
Quality of life
We've witnessed the creation of a vibrant economy without sacrifcing the natural beauty of the area. Surrey is the most wooded county in England, offering an excellent quality of life in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Surrey has over 52 independent secondary schools, and good state education provision, with students achieving above the national average 5+ A* - C grades including English and Maths at GCSE level.It is also home to a number of renowned international schools, including the International School of London in Woking, ACS Cobham International School, ACS Egham International School and TASIS The American School in England.
The smart choice is Surrey